Thursday, February 25, 2010

The road to healing

When I adopted Jasper, he had been scratched on his left eye by a littermate, probably when they were only a few days old. I knew I wanted him from the start, so a little eye problem is no big deal for me. I'm almost done with my veterinary technician training, and I am a teaching assistant for the laboratory animal class, so I'm use to handling these little guys, as well as restraining them. Jasper is not too keen on having to get eye ointment twice a day for a week, but he's being a real trooper! He is actually really great for me when I put a little dab of ointment on his eye, of course then he runs off and grooms himself, trying to get it all off -___- oye vey...hopefully this will help. His eye does seem to be getting better, but it's still very sunken in and he keeps the lid mostly closed. If it's not better within a week, my teacher said I can bring him back to school and have one of the veterinarians take a look at him. We'll see on Monday how he's looking. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment